What we collect
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, fax number. The information we request is required in order for you to register an account, purchase products and/or services, participate in any surveys, competitions or promotions that we run, or to initiate other transactions on our site.
When you make a reservation for someone else through Trekiz.com we’ll request personal information and travel preferences for that/those individual(s). You should obtain the consent of other individuals before providing us with their personal information and travel preferences, as any access to view or change their information will only be available through your account.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• To make reservations on your behalf, to communicate with you about your itinerary, to provide you with the products and services you request;
• To personalize the service we provide to you, tailor your experience at Trekiz.com to your interests and make more appropriate travel recommendations;
• To communicate with you in general; to respond to your questions and comments; if necessary, to allow us to contact you for customer service.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided unless you’ve told us not to. We hate spam too, so we won’t send you any.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
• To manage our website, diagnose technical problems, improve content, and allocate the resources of our systems so that your experience with Trekiz.com is as efficient as possible;
• To issue invoices, administer accounts, collect and process payments and generally manage your account;
• To provide tips and guidance on how to use our Website, inform you of new features on our Website, or provide other information that may be of interest to users;
• To develop, enhance, market, sell or provide Trekiz’s products or services, or those of companies with which we have a commercial relationship, but only if you have granted us permission to do so or we are otherwise able to do so under applicable law;
• To evaluate credit standing and to match credit bureau or credit reporting agency information; to investigate, detect and protect Trekiz and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activities; In performing these evaluations, personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered credit reporting agency which may keep a record of that information.
• As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions;
• For any other purpose to which you consent.
We use credit card information (such as cardholder name, credit card number, and expiration date) for the purpose of completing the travel bookings you carry out on our site – all transactions on Trekiz.com are conducted via PayPal and other payment gateways.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Trekiz takes payment for all products and services via PayPal and other payment gateways. Please click here to visit PayPal’s website and read about how they keep your financial information secure.
With whom we share your information
We also may share your information:
• Where required by law in the good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to comply with the relevant and applicable laws of the People’s Republic of China and/or the United States of America, or any relevant government.
• In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our websites receive or the most popular hotels, destinations and activities. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest and to audit the efficacy of our advertising.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under any relevant Data Protection Act for which a small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email email@example.com for further information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.