Xinjiang Muztagh-Ata Camel Trek (Private)
- NÂ° travelers
- 2-3 people
- USD 1853
- 4-5 people
- USD 1571
- 6-9 people
- USD 1415
- 10(+) people
- USD 1295
- Duration: 5 Days
- Start times: between 08:00 and 08:30
- Pick-up point: Lobby of your Kashgar hotel
- Frequency: Sunday,Monday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
Step 1: Depart from Kashgar early in the morning to Karakul Lake.
Step 2: Trek around the lake then visit the local Kyrgyz yurts and listen to their stories about nomadic mountain life. (4hrs)
Step 3: Stay the night in a traditional Kyrgyz yurt.
Step 1: After breakfast, begin camel trek to Idare Village. (5hrs)
Step 2: Explore the village.
Step 3: Enjoy a nomadic style dinner with the families.
Step 4: Overnight in a tent.
Step 1: Trek to Qaltumak.
Step 2: Overnight in a tent.
Step 1: A car will be waiting for you in the plains below, descending 900m (2,952ft) to Idare.
Step 2: Drive from Karakul Lake to Tashkorgan located on the Pamir Plateau. (1hr 30mins)
Step 3: Overnight in a three-star hotel.
Step 1: After breakfast, visit the 2,000 year old Tajik Kingdom Stone Fort, located in downtown Tashkorgan.
Step 2: Hike around Tashkorgan grassland and enjoy the scenery of Mt. Muztagh Ata and Mt. Pamir.
Step 3: Take the Karakoram Highway back to Kashgar and arrive in the late afternoon.
Included In Tour Price
2. One nights hotel accommodation (double room with twin beds) with breakfast in Tashkorgan
3. Transportation from Kashgar to Karakul Lake and from trekking end point to Kashgar
4. Camels for trek (1 camel for 2 people or 2 camels for 4 people)
5. Local Kyrgyz camel driver from Karakul Lake
6. Sleeping bags and tents
7. Lunch and mineral water during the trek, including picnic, food, and accommodation in local Kyrgyz houses
8. Permit for trekking
Not Included In Tour Price
2. Tips for guide and driver
3. Personal expenses
4. Extra costs due to unforeseen events
2. Price does not apply during China`s National Holiday
3. You can book this activity for a minimum of two people
4. Good trekking shoes are recommended
5. Long sleeved T-shirts and sun cream are recommended to prevent sunburn at high altitude
6. Medicine for the symptoms of high altitude is advised. Headache is the most common side effect from altitude, however there is risk of more severe altitude sickness. Our guides are trained to recognize symptoms and we aim to ascend slowly to minimize the effects of high altitude.
7. Best period for this trek is from the middle of April to mid-October
8. On day one, you will not sleep with local families